Monday, January 23, 2012

Waiting for Tomorrow

My Christian radio station of choice has lately put on a challenge; listen to nothing but Christian music for 30 days. Well due to my need for music during study time (when I find myself thinking WAY too much listening to Christian music), I've taken that challenge and modified it slightly. Basically I've edited my music selection. And so far, I couldn't be more thrilled. It's an interesting experiment that I recommend...and none of that is the point of this post.

Okay now to the point. KLove was playing a song called "Waiting for Tomorrow" by Mandisa. I'm not super familiar with the artist or her walk with our Savior, but that's not mine to judge anyway. What I do know is that this song discusses the difference between actively pursuing what's already been so graciously given to us and squandering it (much like the younger son in the Prodigal Son parable). And although some of the lyrics are not specifically applicable to my life (at this moment), I thought I would go ahead and share it. I could not find an original music video by her, so I attached this one since she wrote about it and loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ezrFxWjyZQ

I suppose the line in this song that had the most influence on me is straight from the chorus:
"I can't live my whole life wasting all the grace that I know You've given cuz You've made me for so much more than sitting on the sidelines."

God bless.
1 Peter 1:23

(No copyright infringement intended. All rights belong to Mandisa and Sparrow Records.)

5 comments:

  1. Matthew 13: 31-32

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things:
    (1) You don't have to worry about copyright infringement; this sort of thing falls entirely under what's legally categorized as fair use. :)
    (2) If you really want to stretch your Christian music vocabulary, invest in some Christian artists before the current decade... or century. Some of the greatest Christian music ever written was penned by people like Bach.

    I'm glad you're blogging – I'm enjoying it, as it's nice to have a window into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for clarifying Chris! I'm definitely still new to this, so I don't want to get shut down for something as simple as not citing whatever I may need to.
      And that is also very true. I will definitely look into that very soon :)

      Delete
    2. Glad to help. I've been at this a bit longer, so any questions you have, I probably know the answer to. (If not, I probably know where to find the answer.)

      Delete
  3. Proverbs 27:18

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Please refrain from commenting with inappropriate language. I reserve the right to take down any comment should I deem it necessary. Also, please DON'T POST ANONYMOUSLY!!
Thanks!!