Monday, February 27, 2012

The Struggle

I had an interesting conversation with one of my closest friends tonight...She knows where I currently stand as far as dating goes. I'm not looking to play around. Playing with hearts is more than dangerous. She told me that she fears that I'm setting my sights too high and in aiming for the future, I'm only going to get disappointed.

I get where she is coming from as an unbeliever. But I have to look to scripture. If my entire life is supposed to be a living sacrifice to God, then that definitely includes who I will eventually date. I want a man after God's heart. I've seen what this looks like. I know that it is real. And I know what a life looks like that is thoroughly pursuing God.

Lately, my church has been going through a series on relationships, and I could not agree more with what has been said. If you don't marry someone who is sold out for God, then you are probably going to miss a lot of what God is calling you to. And yes, I refuse to settle for someone who isn't sold out for God. Because I should be just as much in love with Christ. He must be both of our first priority. So when I get told that I'm setting my sights too high or that aiming for the future is going to let me down, I have to remember to go back to what God has said and what He has called me to. We are put on this earth for His purpose, glory, and praise. I don't want any aspect of my life to be do anything less than do those three things.

Oh God, teach me Your ways...

Psalm 25:4-5

4 comments:

  1. I apologize to anyone if this comes across slightly rant-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dt. 6:4-9 and Lv. 19:18b

    Of course! Love God with ALL that you are and love others with WHO you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirt I just reread what you wrote and I really needed to hear that right now. Thank you!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!! Please refrain from commenting with inappropriate language. I reserve the right to take down any comment should I deem it necessary. Also, please DON'T POST ANONYMOUSLY!!
Thanks!!