Monday, October 21, 2013

Fighting for Love

For the past five or so days, I have not been able to stop thinking about this idea...the idea of fighting for love. I think most girls love the idea of a guy fighting for her. We cheer in romances when there's a struggle, and either the guy or the girl fights for their significant other...they know it's the "love of their life" and that they don't want to give it up.

And then listening "Love is War" by Hillsong United, a thought hit me. What if we fought for our love for Jesus Christ with that kind of passion all of the time? He is the love of our lives. Or he should be. What kind of amazing things would we be doing for the kingdom of God if we lived with that relentless love and passion all of the time?

"Turn my eyes to see Your face
As all my fears surrender
Hold my heart within this grace
Where burden turns to wonder

"I will fight to follow
I will fight for love
Throw my life forever
To the triumph of the Son"

This song says I will throw my life forever to the triumph of the Son. This is exactly what Paul was talking about in Galatians 2:20 when he said "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." And he says something similar in Philippians 1:21, "For to me to live is Christ, to die is gain."

So I suppose at this point, having been mulling over those verses and the chorus of that song, I'm seeing life in a brand new way. I'm fighting for my love of Christ. I'm not afraid of the love of God relenting (because it won't), so please don't understand that to be my meaning. I mean that I'm fighting against my own flesh, the ways of this world, and the sin that so easily entangles us so that I may radiate that love; to fight for it with a passion unlike any other I've ever known or will know. I want to fight for the love of my life so that the love of God consumes me. I want my life to be about bringing glory to God. And I want to be passionately running after him, fighting for it. It's the most important thing in this life. It's time I fully took of that and lived that way.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing young woman and you bless me incredibly. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Please refrain from commenting with inappropriate language. I reserve the right to take down any comment should I deem it necessary. Also, please DON'T POST ANONYMOUSLY!!
Thanks!!